![]() |
|
03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004 06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004 07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004 08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004 10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004 11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004 12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005 06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005 07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006 04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006 06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006 08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006 09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006 10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006 11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007 02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007 03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007 05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007 06/01/2007 - 07/01/2007 07/01/2007 - 08/01/2007 08/01/2007 - 09/01/2007 09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007 10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007 11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007 01/01/2008 - 02/01/2008 02/01/2008 - 03/01/2008 04/01/2008 - 05/01/2008 05/01/2008 - 06/01/2008 06/01/2008 - 07/01/2008 07/01/2008 - 08/01/2008 08/01/2008 - 09/01/2008 09/01/2008 - 10/01/2008 10/01/2008 - 11/01/2008 11/01/2008 - 12/01/2008 12/01/2008 - 01/01/2009 01/01/2009 - 02/01/2009 02/01/2009 - 03/01/2009 03/01/2009 - 04/01/2009 04/01/2009 - 05/01/2009 05/01/2009 - 06/01/2009 06/01/2009 - 07/01/2009 09/01/2009 - 10/01/2009 10/01/2009 - 11/01/2009 11/01/2009 - 12/01/2009 12/01/2009 - 01/01/2010 01/01/2010 - 02/01/2010 02/01/2010 - 03/01/2010 03/01/2010 - 04/01/2010 09/01/2010 - 10/01/2010 10/01/2010 - 11/01/2010 08/01/2012 - 09/01/2012 Bituwin -
template Words from Before It's Too Late by Goo Goo Dolls. Hit counter code here
|
Thursday, December 01, 2005
Thoughts – Trapped in a box I remember once someone told me watermelons were sold in squares. “Squares?” I asked, “Aren’t watermelons round?” “They were squares then.” She told me with a smile on her face. She looked at my face all contorted with disbelief and laughed. Then, she started to tell me, “They were moulded; shaped to suit our needs.” “It was due to that that they could be packed and shipped across countries.” “More conveniently, that is.” She paused for a while before continuing. “They became like that due to Man’s manipulation.” “How?” I asked, “How is this possible?” She looked down at the crate she was sitting on and said, “They were put into square boxes, just like this one.” She tapped the crate. “They were left to grow there, compressed till it took form into a square,” It was then I began to ponder, to think things over. Perhaps I had let my thoughts grow wild. Even this story had a moral; an insight to life. An insight about the people around us… There are many types of people. Some are like the box, manipulative and in total control. Others are like the watermelon, trying to grow in a limited space; Hardly given the freedom to develop into who they really are. Sometimes I feel like the watermelon, being confined by a box. A box that seems to be becoming smaller as I grow. A box that feeds on confidence and self-assuredness. A box that gives rise to an atmosphere of fear and guilt. This box is a cage engineered not only trap something inside, But also to prevent its growth. It enshrouds the watermelon in a world of darkness, Hiding tufts of truth and reality in its nooks and crannies. I look out at a tiny hole that I have made in this box, And see a beautiful, rising sun at the horizon. I know that if I break free from this box, there is hope. My dream of being free will be fulfilled. If only I can find some type of key… Now, I am still continuing my search, And I know, one day, I will be out there, Out of the box’s grasp – I will be free. |