<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6681363?origin\x3dhttp://shifting-sands.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Oh hello.




03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004
07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004
08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004
09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004
10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004
11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004
12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005
01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005
02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005
03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005
04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005
05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005
06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005
07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005
08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005
09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005
10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005
11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005
12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006
01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006
02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006
03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006
04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006
05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006
06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006
07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006
08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006
09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006
10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006
11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006
12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007
01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007
02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007
03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007
05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007
06/01/2007 - 07/01/2007
07/01/2007 - 08/01/2007
08/01/2007 - 09/01/2007
09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007
10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007
11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007
01/01/2008 - 02/01/2008
02/01/2008 - 03/01/2008
04/01/2008 - 05/01/2008
05/01/2008 - 06/01/2008
06/01/2008 - 07/01/2008
07/01/2008 - 08/01/2008
08/01/2008 - 09/01/2008
09/01/2008 - 10/01/2008
10/01/2008 - 11/01/2008
11/01/2008 - 12/01/2008
12/01/2008 - 01/01/2009
01/01/2009 - 02/01/2009
02/01/2009 - 03/01/2009
03/01/2009 - 04/01/2009
04/01/2009 - 05/01/2009
05/01/2009 - 06/01/2009
06/01/2009 - 07/01/2009
09/01/2009 - 10/01/2009
10/01/2009 - 11/01/2009
11/01/2009 - 12/01/2009
12/01/2009 - 01/01/2010
01/01/2010 - 02/01/2010
02/01/2010 - 03/01/2010
03/01/2010 - 04/01/2010
09/01/2010 - 10/01/2010
10/01/2010 - 11/01/2010
08/01/2012 - 09/01/2012

Bituwin - template
Dementee - image

Words from Before It's Too Late by Goo Goo Dolls.

Hit counter code here

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

It's pretty ironic that I'm getting an adrenaline rush now. Not from planning some crazy trip, or in anticipation for a happening night out, but from the project work I'm doing now. Yes, from work! OMG. So much for thinking that staying in Uppsala meant eating, sleeping, facebooking and joining the occassional trip around Europe.

Just back from pretty Poland! And that was after a trip to the COOOOLD Kiruna and Abisko! Too bad it's a bit tight on time to update on trips now because photos simply take a long time to upload. And it's no good talking about trips without photos. But I have to say that both trips were uber fun though. And it's all because I had wonderful people to go along with! So glad I went with them!!

You know how the saying goes: "lose the battle but win the war". I knew it had to be done, but this was plaguing me intermittently over the Poland trip. Even if it'll ultimately work out, I just hate losing. Doesn't everybody? So today at that damn group meeting, I had to squelch my pride into the tiniest corner of my mind, like the way I stuff my huge fleece blanket into my backpack before travelling, and apologize. For something I believe I did no wrong. The other option was to be out of my group for good, fail my pass/fail module and retake it in SMU. Wow. The autonomy this school gives to project groups here. A few other people I know have already been disowned by their groups, and I was teetering off the edge for mine too. *growl* At least the worst is over.

The Poland trip has also spoilt me. Food was absolutely cheap there, and we've been gorging ourselves silly with authentic Polish cuisine, at prices that would get you a baguette and orange juice back in Scandinavia. So coming back to Sweden, I'm now yearning for a serving of thick, flavoured soup, dumplings, a pile of meat and wine in one meal, only to find myself staring at my plain old spaghetti and sugared fruit tea. Terrible huh? When I first came to Uppsala, I could live off two small plates of spaghetti and water a day, and even lost weight! Now, it's like in reverse, but with twice the effect, in terms of weight (that's in my imagination cuz I dare not plunge myself into depression by stepping on that dreaded weighing machine).

Deadlines, deadlines and deadlines.

Time to get back to work!