<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6681363?origin\x3dhttp://shifting-sands.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Oh hello.




03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004
07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004
08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004
09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004
10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004
11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004
12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005
01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005
02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005
03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005
04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005
05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005
06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005
07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005
08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005
09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005
10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005
11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005
12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006
01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006
02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006
03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006
04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006
05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006
06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006
07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006
08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006
09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006
10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006
11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006
12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007
01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007
02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007
03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007
05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007
06/01/2007 - 07/01/2007
07/01/2007 - 08/01/2007
08/01/2007 - 09/01/2007
09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007
10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007
11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007
01/01/2008 - 02/01/2008
02/01/2008 - 03/01/2008
04/01/2008 - 05/01/2008
05/01/2008 - 06/01/2008
06/01/2008 - 07/01/2008
07/01/2008 - 08/01/2008
08/01/2008 - 09/01/2008
09/01/2008 - 10/01/2008
10/01/2008 - 11/01/2008
11/01/2008 - 12/01/2008
12/01/2008 - 01/01/2009
01/01/2009 - 02/01/2009
02/01/2009 - 03/01/2009
03/01/2009 - 04/01/2009
04/01/2009 - 05/01/2009
05/01/2009 - 06/01/2009
06/01/2009 - 07/01/2009
09/01/2009 - 10/01/2009
10/01/2009 - 11/01/2009
11/01/2009 - 12/01/2009
12/01/2009 - 01/01/2010
01/01/2010 - 02/01/2010
02/01/2010 - 03/01/2010
03/01/2010 - 04/01/2010
09/01/2010 - 10/01/2010
10/01/2010 - 11/01/2010
08/01/2012 - 09/01/2012

Bituwin - template
Dementee - image

Words from Before It's Too Late by Goo Goo Dolls.

Hit counter code here

Saturday, June 06, 2009
All things Swiss

I LOVE SWITZERLAND!! After travelling around Europe, Switzerland still remains my favourite country to date. Unlike 2006, where we stayed in Lauterbrunnen (a beautiful little town in a valley between some of the Alp mountains), my dad decided to have a holiday in one of the mountain towns in Wengen!

The view there was absolutely gorgeous. Outside our hotel, from both windows on 2 different sides are MOUNTAINS!! Which I procrastinated to take a picture on the first two days, and now regret like crazy cuz it was covered with snow on the last day =(.


The main highlight of Wengen is the view you get beyond the church - a vast expanse of snow-capped and forest mountains, with the houses of Lauterbrunnen reduced to dots of colourful pentagons in the heart of them all. Flowing from these mountains are long streams of waterfalls, breaking out into a free-falling mist before reforming back into it's original form again. This is the best I can describe it, and it's way too big to be captured in one shot, but it's a gazillion times better than that. It's one of the best places on earth to be, and I'm definitely coming back again. =)

Spent most of the holiday HIKING. We were going uphill within Munlichen and Murren, two trails leading to those respective spots. And it was a-b-s-o-l-u-t-e-l-y e-x-h-a-u-s-t-i-n-g. But also absolutely worth it!!!

Along the whole way, the trails circled the alps, and we had the most awesome view ever. And we kept on seeing different angles of that view as we moved along. *LOVES* And by the way, THE WHOLE TRAIL WAS FILLED WITH FLOWERS!!!

So I was busy snapping every single species, as long as they were different from anything I’ve taken. After doing that, I realize I have totally underestimated Switzerland’s flora diversity and probably hit around 100 pictures of flowers if not more.

This led to me burning way more calories than I would have expected from an uphill trail, as I had to RUN after my dad and sister after taking ages to perfect my flower picture. Take that, multiply by 100x 200m sprints. I estimate a 5kg weight loss =D. Until we put that back on eating all the fabulous Swiss food.

(THE CONNECTION IS TOO LOUSY TO UPLOAD PHOTOS =((( )