![]() |
|
03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004 06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004 07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004 08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004 10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004 11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004 12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005 06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005 07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006 04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006 06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006 08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006 09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006 10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006 11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007 02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007 03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007 05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007 06/01/2007 - 07/01/2007 07/01/2007 - 08/01/2007 08/01/2007 - 09/01/2007 09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007 10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007 11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007 01/01/2008 - 02/01/2008 02/01/2008 - 03/01/2008 04/01/2008 - 05/01/2008 05/01/2008 - 06/01/2008 06/01/2008 - 07/01/2008 07/01/2008 - 08/01/2008 08/01/2008 - 09/01/2008 09/01/2008 - 10/01/2008 10/01/2008 - 11/01/2008 11/01/2008 - 12/01/2008 12/01/2008 - 01/01/2009 01/01/2009 - 02/01/2009 02/01/2009 - 03/01/2009 03/01/2009 - 04/01/2009 04/01/2009 - 05/01/2009 05/01/2009 - 06/01/2009 06/01/2009 - 07/01/2009 09/01/2009 - 10/01/2009 10/01/2009 - 11/01/2009 11/01/2009 - 12/01/2009 12/01/2009 - 01/01/2010 01/01/2010 - 02/01/2010 02/01/2010 - 03/01/2010 03/01/2010 - 04/01/2010 09/01/2010 - 10/01/2010 10/01/2010 - 11/01/2010 08/01/2012 - 09/01/2012 Bituwin -
template Words from Before It's Too Late by Goo Goo Dolls. Hit counter code here
|
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
I'll start with the end. It ended leaving me with a croaky voice and a slight temperature. Which left me downing honey every other hour. And I think it was totally worth it - both the cause and the consequences. Because I felt unwell to go for both my project meetings, I spent my time to instead get my place in order. Suddenly, all my clothes are washed, my floor cleanly vacuumed and mopped, no more dirty dishes by the sink, a whole new fridge-load of groceries, and even my toilet tap is sparkly! I feel so proud of myself, given that the place was left rather neglected for two whole weeks! bed and living room area desk kitchen area toilet
The first time I met these people, I felt slightly intimidated. I mean, they were all NUS people. And I was the only other SMU person other than Cach. But Cach already knew them beforehand, booking plane tickets and staying in a backpackers lodge with them. So basically, that made me the stranger. Like the new kid at school kind of thing. Some of the NUS people, and Cach, filling out school forms after some business info talk. But it turns out, to my relief, that they are really quite a cool bunch of people. And I've been hanging out so much with them lately, that the hotel uppsala people are beginning to complain that I don't hang out with them anymore. Haha. Oh dear, maybe it's like how exchange students always group together in Singapore. But now, after an experience like this, I kinda empathise with them because I'm in the same situation. It's not a matter of not interacting or socializing. All that's still being done. But sometimes, you need a bit of familiarity in a foreign land. And the easiest way out is to find people who come from the same place. Did the same things. Went the same places. SPEAK SINGLISH. I forgot who said it, but he/she said "it's like we're bringing Singapore wherever we go just because we're together." I totally agree and enjoy our little mobile Singapore that we are. Ok, back to the point. The Copenhagen trip with this wonderful bunch of people was fantastic! Since most of the photos are/will be on facebook, here're the more prominent ones, or those that were purposely left out:Everyone's always rushing for trains when getting from place to place. And trains leave usually on the dot, so we cannot be late, or even just on time. It's caused much trouble, but pretty much what to expect when moving around now. And this is one of the places to catch a mental snapshot of, and keep in your memory for as long as you can just because it's so beautiful. Haha, this picture is way more Singaporean than Dannish. Ooh.. looks like there're phallic objects in town too! This was at the Jazzhouse in Copenhagen. LITTLE MERMAID!! Haha so much for phallic signs. They have statue boobs to match museum erotica's masterpiece! These Danish sure are open-minded! We went to H. C. Anderson's actual grave! Last but not least, Christiania. Very interesting part of Copenhagen. Everything else is allowed. EVERYTHING. You can do what you want. With that, it marked the end of the Copenhagen trip. That was followed by endless days and nights out at Uppsala. To be continued... I have an ethical dilemna. Update: |